About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, MO, United States
This is a blog about the Saint Louis music scene and everything pertaining to it.

Monthly Show Video

Monthly Show Video

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Curtis Tinsley

It's hard for me anymore to find an acoustic artist I enjoy so much as I do Curtis Tinsley. His music holds likeness to lounge music you'd find onboard a cruise ship on your way to the Greek Isle, mixed with folk music you'd hear in an intimate house show or coffee shop. What gets me about Curtis' music is his melodies, and how he uses them. In some parts of his songs, rather than playing chords to accompany the melodies, he will play the notes he is singing. Starts and stops are also a frequent happening in Curtis' music. He also has a side project I'm not terribly familiar with, but found by accident after a random Youtube search. Curtis played the LNAC last weekend and wowed the audience with his intimate set, which is now uploaded and in the show archive.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/tinsleycurtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

River City DIY