About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, MO, United States
This is a blog about the Saint Louis music scene and everything pertaining to it.

Monthly Show Video

Monthly Show Video

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Might - 2010 EP

Family Might is a four piece band out of Saint Louis comprised of Tommy Pini, Sam Reynolds (of the formerly mentioned band Fixed Orbit), Tyler Groves, and Sam Naumann. They make music that, at times, reminds me of early 90's emo. At other times, their tunes remind me of complex math rock bands that throw together poly rhythms and tap guitars to make a wall of noise. At other times, Family Might reminds me of lightning speed 90's pop punk bands. Whatever the case, their music is equally as important as Fixed Orbit. Their demo, entitled "2010" frequents my iPod, and is on several mix CDs I've given to friends. They are indeed one of my favorite Saint Louis bands.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/fixedorbit
BandCamp download:  http://familymight.bandcamp.com

Family Might at the Lemp Neighborhood Arts Center in South Saint Louis, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment

River City DIY